One of only 140 official slow towns in the world and Africa's first slow town; Sedgefield certainly deserves a visit!
With whale watching season starting in July, the weekly multi-award winning Wild Oats Community Farmers Market, classic car showrooms and activities such as paragliding, rowing, bird watching and much more – Sedgefield is the perfect spot to go relax, take it easy and forget about your fast-paced life.
If you want to soak in the beauty of Sedgefield's unspoilt beaches, the Swartvlei River estuary, nature reserves and indigenous forests, we know just the place!
1 bedroom sleeps 4
2 bedroom sleeps 6
There are no chalets on the waterfront
*IF you require any special assistance in terms of access, please contact the resort directly*
Nearby Attractions & Activities
Check out these top 4 recommended foodie finds in the area! Click here to download...
- Please note that we are currently busy with unit renovations and this may cause some noise disturbances depending on the location of your unit. Noise will only start form 10AM in consideration of our guests.
Friday and Monday
There is no key / breakage / appliance deposit for your convenience - however, we do ask that breakages are reported and paid timeously at reception. We do charge per hour for any late departures. The chalets are strictly non-smoking and a penalty fee will be payable.
- Load shedding does affect the resort and the water supply. It is advised to bring extra rechargeable lights and anything else you might need during outages. The resort does supply candles and matches. We suggest that you download the ESP application and select Sedgefield as a location for the most accurate schedule and updates on load shedding in our area.
- The keys are to be collected at Baywater Village, N2, Swartvlei, Sedgefield.
- No over occupancy will be allowed.
- Baywater Village makes use of borehole water and it is advisable that guests bring along their own drinking water. Drinking water can also be purchased from the Kiosk onsite.
- Tue to Thu: 08:00-16:30; Mon & Fri: 08:00-19:00; Closed on Sundays
- Mon to Fri: 08:30-16:30 (last orders at 16:15).
Please note: Service is limited | Light Meals and Takeaway only
- Tue to Sat: 12:00-20:00; Sun: 12:00-17:00; Closed on Mondays.
Please note: Service is limited
- Mon to Sat: 08:00-17:00
- Open Daily from 08:00-17:00
N2 Main Road
From Cape Town
Take the N2 towards Sedgefield. Approximately 17km after Wilderness, there will be a turnoff to Baywater Village / Swartvlei on the left. Follow this road and keep right over the train tracks. Baywater Village will be on the right.
From Port Elizabeth
Take the N2 towards George. 6km after Sedgefield, there will be a turnoff to Baywater Village / Swartvlei on the right. Follow this road and keep right over the train tracks. Baywater Village will be on the right.
Latitude: -34.002731 (S 34°0'10.048')
Longitude : -22.742144 (E 22°44'31.718')